Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Venomancer BM Hunter Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Venomancer
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Venomancer

Venomancer BM Hunter Application Empty
PostSubject: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:22 am

General information:

Characters name: Venomancer
Class: Hunter
Race: Draenei
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: 85 days 22 hours
Professions and level of professions: Skinning 366/375 Herbalisim 100/150 (Going level up Leatherworking)
Do you have a stable internet connection: I would say yes, As far as I can tell my internet isn’t the greatest but it does the job. Average MS on WoW is around 200ms -300ms. Vent is around 70-80 Ping.
Armoury:http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Venomancer

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this? (I.E. booked a week off work, cleared your evening commitments for 2 weeks, out of work)
This for me would be the hardest question to answer. Due to the fact that each time I level I get better at it. Also Attending College during the day means that I only have the opportunity to level at nights and weekends meaning I lose a significant amount of time, BUT I will be taking a few days off college to help kick-start my levelling. As a guess I would 1-2 months, which I know is a long time but if I can go any faster I will try to.

What other characters will you level to 80?
Well as said main priority will be Venomancer.
Followed by:
Yetora – Priest (66 atm)
Minigem – Mage (45 atm)

Raid times and Experience:

Kara: Clear
ZA: Clear
Gruul: Clear
Maggy: Clear
SSC: Clear
TK: 3/4
MH: 4/5
BT: 4/9

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (Server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30- Whenever the raid ends - Yes
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?
Didn’t start playing WoW till January 2006(I think it was) so I was not around for Pre TBC content.

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?
Highest Killed: Teron Gorefeind (BT)
Attempted to kill: Gurtogg Blood boil (BT)

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Remember this can be checked
well as some of you know I am an ex-HarBringer, After Harbs was closed I then moved into Legion of Doom where I raided Kara for a while. I then decided that Kara was not enough and that I needed to progress, I moved to Wortex where I started my 25man raiding. Shortly after joining Wortex I was made officer. After a while the guild leader quit wow after he had family issues to sort out, Leadership was then given to second in command (Co-Guild Master) who also due to RL issues had to stop playing WoW, she decided that a guild disband was better than passing on leadership again and so I was guildless. Kixar then made follow the leader which I joined and started raiding in. We again where raiding Gruul and Maggy. After a while the guild morale dropped and issues started occurring. The guild was disbanded and I was yet again guildless. I then applied to Frequency who were kind enough to take me in, I raided happily with them and felt that it was a good fit for me. The guild was disbanded for reason which I don’t understand myself, but had no choice in which lead me to being again guildless. I then applied to Fraternite (who at the time had lost their Ventrilo server so I gave them mine, they started complaining that it was to small so I bought a 2nd bigger one for them.) and was accepted there who I raided with for a while but I never did fit in as well as I had hoped. After a little while a few friends joined the guild and started raiding with us. I left Frat after a few of them had “incidents” within the guild, and I chose my friends over progression.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
“The Hunter class performs pulling, threat redirection, crowd control, and primarily ranged damage”
“A Hunter's primary responsibility in nearly all raid encounters is to sustainably do high DPS”
Taken from wowwiki.com
As a hunter my role in a raid is to provide sustained damage. Unlike other classes which will huge amounts of damage in short amounts of time, hunter will keep a steady DPS/Damage rate throughout an encounter. Hunter can also be used in raids for effective threat redirection pulls, such as multiple trash mob pulls, certain boss pulls or for fun such as pr00st kills.

In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?
Talent build:http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter/talents.html?tal=512002015250122331025310510050040000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Info: (52/9/0) this would be the spec I have made for WOTLK, I don’t quite know how effective it is as I haven’t tested it out yet, however I think it covers all the basics of a viable raid spec.

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (If you can't then say why you can't)
AoV – I still haven’t been able to decide whether the sacrifice in damage dealt while in AoV is worth the extreme mana gain. Yes, you would gain mana really fast on the downside your damage goes down. I still wonder if shorter regen but less damage is better than a longer regen but 100% during it (except for AoH). This is my question only way to tell for sure is waiting for WOTLK to see.
New Steady Shot with no clipping – This annoys me, it wasn’t like finding a hunters macro on the net was hard, but now it’s a bit too easy. Also after reading up applications (your forums I think it was), I found a hunter posted that using the new SS with no clipping still does and that the macro was infact better. I tried it on Dr. Boom and I had the same result.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
Well I am a no-life huntard, who’s always here should the guild need me, success comes from hard work and there for requires ALOT of patience, I like to think I am a patient person to. Should the guild need me to help farm mats or relinquish my spot for a raid to sum1 who needs it more, I would be more than happy to.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Eternals has proven to a stable guild who have established a good raiding routine, I would like to join as I feel your guild could offer me the chance to see higher content as well as having a very strong social aspect as well.

Personal information Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Name: Jonty/Jonathan
Resides: Woking, England.
Hobbies: My hobbies include playing pool, going to see friends, driving (Yes for me it’s more fun than a chore, guess that’s an age thing) and most IT related things.

Additional information which you would like to name?
I don’t have exams at college so I shouldn’t need to take time off to study meaning my attendance should usually be above 90%.
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:30 am

Okay, one of the hunters that comes to me for advise. So ill be brutally honest as ive spent time working with you on your character.
Youre a really good listener,and any time you have any questions about hunters youre instantlytrying to find that answer you need, you research, you nag people to teach you. This is all good. What ive never seen is you playing particulally briliantly. This might be down to lack of experience, it might be down to the fact that some people are just bad players (im not saying you are, i havent seen you in action enough.)
If youre willing to learn and adapt and work your ass off and do anything and everything the other hunters tell you to do, then it could work, and with your attitude it would work well. But theres always the chance it might not.
Anyway, we'll discuss your app and get back to you mate:)

Edit: also 52/9/0 is level 70, you have 10 more points to spend Smile
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:47 am

Why don't ppl post pics of themselves anymore :<
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Venomancer
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Venomancer

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Rigsby wrote:
Why don't ppl post pics of themselves anymore :<

http://file041a.bebo.com/13/large/2008/04/23/01/4869963147a7532125431l.jpg

there ya go rigsby Razz

@ Ronan: I understand, take yoor time ^^

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzgxRVuMeRxzeVbM - After ronans guidence and help
Level 80 ^^
Sorry about 70 post.

Last edited by Venomancer on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Try again with your talents, thats messed up Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Sorry it took forever to reply, had to see who was planning on playing what character, we're going to decline just because of how many hunters we now have. Feel free to reapply when we have space for one though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venomancer BM Hunter Application   Venomancer BM Hunter Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venomancer BM Hunter Application
Page 1 of 1