Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Mage Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elmarina
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

Fire Mage Application Empty
PostSubject: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:13 am

Class: Fire Mage
Race: Human
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: 42 dats
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Mostly it is pretty stable, recent patches like zombies can make it unstable in cities!

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this? (I.E. booked a week off work, cleared your evening commitments for 2 weeks, out of work)

All depends on University workload, as soon as possible hopefully, but dont want to jeapordise my degree etc!

What other characters will you level to 80?

--I have a Shaman at level 70, resto, and will try level him sometime after the mage. Not quite sure when though!

Raid times and Experience:

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - No (my night out with my sports club sorry ppl!)
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?

No pre TBC exp, I joined WoW after TBC had been introduced, just skipped it!

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?

Kara clear, Zul Aman Clear, Gruul and Maggy Clear pre nerf, TK and SSC half cleared post nerf

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Remember this can checked

-- Ressurection - Raid times were too late
-- EqualizerZ - Incapable of effective raiding
-- Fusion - Got passed over too many times for raids in favour of people far less geared

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

-- I feel that a fire mage provides a bonus to the entire raid, with the change to improved scorch we can now buff the targets for all spellcasters to receive +10% crit chance which can definitely help against bosses with an enrage timer. I think that Fire Mages are good instant and dot casters and are fully capable of providing enough dmg against bosses to take them down within time limits/constraints.

In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?

-- ATM I am unsure as to how I will change my spec etc with the expansion, although ive seen the potential talent trees on respective sites I dont think you truly get to know them and understand them until you have played them for a little while to figue out all the intricacies. However I am open to advice on how to better my character/class as people see fit and willing to play around with talent specs etc to find the right build to maintain a high dps for the raid as a whole.

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (if you can't then say why you can't)

-- With the change to the frost talent tree it now requires more talent points spent in frost tree to get the additional 3% hit chance, where as it only used to take 3 talent points it now takes 8 which detracts from the bonuses of the fire tree a bit too much.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

-- I am very flexible as a person and usually prepare for a raid about and hour in advance and have my character at the designated point with potions etc to buff myself already in my inventory. I am always available to help out in instances etc (when im online) and am very helpful when it comes to providing profession specific items to guild (always for free)

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

-- I think that Eternals can finally provide me with a guild that is both social as well as capable of raiding high level content. Not only that but provide me with security as a current and ongoing guild that is very personable in the community as a whole!

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

--My names Nick, Im 21 (almost 22) Im currently living at University in England
-- My main hobby is my Kempo Ju Jitsu club at university, I occassionally attend the gym (when i feel bad for drinking too much at socials) an spend some time with St John Ambulance, WoW is my escape from reality time!
-- I'm a student so I dont have a job, and i live at uni so no ppl to pester me really!

Additional information which you would like to name?

-- N/A
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Quote :
Elmarina wrote:
-- With the change to the frost talent tree it now requires more talent points spent in frost tree to get the additional 3% hit chance, where as it only used to take 3 talent points it now takes 8 which detracts from the bonuses of the fire tree a bit too much.

I completely agree, kinda sucks to be fire atm.. good luck with your app matey.
Back to top Go down
Elmarina
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:33 pm

I think its just the fact that they removed the extra 3%hit bonus that we used to have, means we have to sacrifice a few enchants/gems etc in order to get that back! Although the glyphs that are available to fire mages do help with increasing critical strike chance, which can actually be a doubled edged sword! Although we need the critical strike to maintain high dps, our crits add dot which can be a pain on bosses etc whose phases reset the aggro meter! lol!
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 pm

I like this guy.
Back to top Go down
Elmarina
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 pm

lol ty maggy!! ive been on the bad end of bosses a few times coz aggro meter reset while my dots were still active! not as easy for us to prevent the dots as it is for locks etc... we cant control it at all really unless we start wanding the boss close to the phase change!
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Can I point out that maggy isn't a member of the guild yet. His opionion will not influence your application in anyway. One of the officers will comment soon.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Elmarina
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 am

I've noticed that gylphs are currently being discussed in other applications and thought I would say which im Currently using.

At the minute I'm using

Glyph of Improved Scorch (for 3 applications of scorch per spell rather than 1, this allows me to buff the targets quicker so all spell casters get improved spell crits than normal and then switch to fireball and other firespells which provide higher damage output) (although I have noticed against certain mobs etc that the glyph doesnt work, whether this is intentional or a bug im unaware!)

Glyph of Evoctaion (this allows me to not only get 60% of my mana back but also 60% of my health with a full evocate, allowing me to self heal in necessary situations where the boss aoes and taking less mana usage from the healers in the raid!)

Glyph of the Penguin (purely because i find it amusing to turn things into a penguin!)

Glyph of Arcane Intellect (allows me to fully buff the raid at 50% mana cost, meaning it takes me less time to regain my mana before bosses etc while maintaining the buffs applied to all raid members)
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 am

Accepted for trial. /w an officer in game for an invite.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Mage Application   Fire Mage Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Mage Application
Page 1 of 1