Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balance druid Aeliandeii application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeliandeii
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

Balance druid Aeliandeii application Empty
PostSubject: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Hello there Eternals, although I know youre currently not recruiting my specific spec, I thought I'd take a shot anyway Smile

General information:

Characters name: Aeliandeii ("A-Lee")
Class: Druid, Balance spec
Race: Night Elf
Level: 70
Started playing WoW: Little bit after TBC dropped
Played Time on your char: Total: 78 days, Level 70: 52 days
Proffesions Primary and Secundary: 375 Herbalist/Alchemist (Flask Master), 375 Cooking/First Aid/Fishing
How stable is your internet connection: 8 mb broadband, nice n solid
Whats you regular FPS rate in a 25 man raid: 20-25 fps

Raid times and Experience:

We raid from Monday till Friday with different times. How many of these day can you attend. Please clarify them with the day and the time. Delete applicable.
Monday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Tuesday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Wednesday19:15-24:00: Yes
Thursday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx: Yes (till mid-Saturday if needed clown )
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:30: Yes

Whats your pre-TBC raiding experience?
Applying

The Burning Crusade experience:
Raid Experience within the following dungeons:
Serpent Shrine Caverns: 5/6 with Vashj regularly 2 cores down
Tempest Keep: 3/4
Mount Hyjal: 4/5 with progressive tries on Archimonde
Black Temple: 4/9 with progressive tries on Bloodboil
Sunwell Plateau: 0/6
Zul’Aman: 6/6

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Remember this can checked

Been in Knights of Ni for ages, was GM there. Eventually simply disbanded because myself and others wanted progress, and decided a fresh start would be best for that. After that I was in two short-lived raiding guilds, EndGame and Conquerors. They fell apart very quickly due to poor management. You either was with the GM, or against him, that kinda stuff (name can be given on request, just dont think its very classy to badmouth ppl in an apply so I wont right now). After these two I was lucky enough to be accepted to Frequency, where I have thoroughly enjoyed myself the last few months. Sadly, as you probably know (looking at Eternals' recent flooding with ex-frequency members Razz ), Frequency disbanded due to lack of active raiders.

Why did you choose too become the class you are currently playing with?

After long debate I was drawn to Druids because of their shape-shifting ability. However, soon I found out I'd rather stay at range and sling spells at my enemy then get up close and personal with them. Hence naturally my talentpoints started to get dropped into the Balance tree after lvl 10, and I've been Balance ever after. As Aeli is the first char I ever made in this game I stuck by her, although I found Balance is regularly treated as the retarded step-brother of the Druid talents, even by Blizzard themselves. Although every now and then I hate how little (leather) gear there is out there for Boomkins (next to nothing till lvl 60, mainly Tier-gear if youre lucky enough to get accepted to a raiding guild), I do appreciate the shear effort and persistance I had to stick into this spec to be the best I can be.

What are the biggest advantages you have within this class and what is your role in a raid? Specify this to your spec.

For myself personally the added armorvalue in Moonkin is great (if a mob ever gets to me), second there are some very hardhitting spells in the arsenal (hence "if a mob ever gets to me" Razz ). Cyclone is a great "oh shit"-button in 5-man dungeons if the healer gets targeted (gives the tank the few seconds needed to grab the mob again).

In raids theres the obvious +5% spellcrit for my party (often found myself in the healers section in Frequency) and the imba -2% chance to hit for a raidboss with Insect Swarm. Innervate is always nice to either help out a (recently rezzed) fellow-caster or save myself popping a manapot.

Stats unbuffed:
Health: 8624 hp
Mana: 9455
Attack power (Melee/ranged): imba 138 AP cheers
Spell damage/Healing power: 1236 spelldamage + healing
(Spell)Crit: 15,92% normal, 20,92% Moonkin

Any other stats which are needed in your class. This is also to test your knowledge about your class so make a good choice. (Posting all stats won’t do the trick or referring to armory).

Ye ol' MP5: 284 not casting, 132 casting. Completely unbuffed ofcourse (not even MotW on myself now). Sounds very low, even to me now that I read it, but I dont do the old OOMkin joke. I know when to pop my manapots (Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone effect included), and I can generally keep nuking a raidboss till the end, without the use of Mana oil on my weapon. In my opinion, as a Balance druid you should be aiming to never go OOM while sustaining full nuke, especially since the OOM joke about us is so widespread.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

A serious raider, and a nice guy. I always come prepared. Flasked up, potted up, reagented up and oiled up (the latter in game as well). Im patient and willing to wipe for progress. I read up on new bosses, watch movies about em, and put in the (preparational) time to max the odds on beating em. I bring a full bag of herbs and load of vials to raids to be able to make various Elixirs if needed (not just Draenic Wisdom or Adepts, but also for other classes; stuff like Major Agility and Shadow Power)

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

Show me what I havent seen yet. Im not in it for the lootz atm. I thoroughly realise that by the time I have enough DKP to get a new piece of gear WotLK will be on my doormat. I just wanna see the end of Black Temple and some SWP. I always regretted never seeing Molten Core at the level it was intended for (only did some funruns with less then 20 lvl 70 players and cleared it eyes closed), and I dont want that to happen to Black Temple as well. I want Illidown while its still (supposed) to be a challenge.

Some Real life info. Country, RL age, Name, Work, Interest?

Im Luke from the Netherlands, 22 years old, Lawschool student (almost done now). Im an avid WoW player, really enjoy this game. Currently trying to get my thrid character to lvl 70, a little huntard. Furthermore Im a huge anime and movies in general fan, I try to watch about 3 movies a week, either at home or in the movietheatre. Got a gf that manages to cope with my WoW addiction (bless her) and bought myself a bunny yesterday. Hopefully he'll be fat enough to feed us around Xmas time.

Additional information which you would like too name?

Armory link: Aeliandeii on Armory
Might be in my showoff-gear (depends on where I log out), but I'll try to remember to keep logging off in my normal gear.

Dun think I have anything else for now, thank you for reading my application and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Greetz Luke
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:03 am

Hey, great application, could you give details on your dps rotation, and what your opinions are on improved FF?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Eldrid
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Eldrid

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am

he eats pets and for that reason i vote him in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Aeliandeii
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Ronan wrote:
Hey, great application, could you give details on your dps rotation, and what your opinions are on improved FF?
Thanks

Thnx for the compliment Smile

On raidbosses I use the standard Moonfire - Insect Swarm - Starfire x3 rotation (throwing in Faerie Fire whenever needed); Moonfire to hopefully proc my Idol of the Unseen Moon and Insect Swarm to get that nifty -2% chance to hit, Starfire to do the heavier damage.

On trash I replace Starfire with Wrath (shorter casting time lets me do more damage then unfinished Starfire casts, since trash usually goes down quickly). I still use Moonfire to proc my Idol and only use Insect Swarm on trash of which I know it hits very hard.

Improved Faerie Fire...

Im not a fan of this. IMO when youre in high-end raids you should be (spell- or physical)hitcapped. Period. Its a simple but inevitable responsability you have as a raider. Now I know this talent is there to mainly benefit tanks as they are usually occupied gathering other stats then reaching their hitcap, but I have yet to meet a tank uncapable of generating sufficient aggro without Improved Faerie Fire on his mob. If this is the case I think the problem lies elsewhere, not in the absence of IFF.

Besides this I think the talent is too expensive. If it were 1 point to get the effect you now have to pay 3 points for I wouldnt have a problem with it. But having to spend 3 points here will take them out of threatreducing or managenerating talents, both of great importance for a raiding Moonkin if you ask me. I know this is one of the more heavily debated talents but Im on the side saying its not a necessity.

Aeli
Back to top Go down
Gnock
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Drop celestial focus and 1 point in subtlety? As you said you have yet to see a tank that can't put out enough threat to keep aggro, so dropping 1 point in it shouldn't be a problem for you? Stun = no rage for tanks = less threat = dead destro lock Sad and the spellpushback aspect of the talent is pretty useless as well. Imp FF is slightly more threat for the tanks and it allows the physical dps to maybe switch some gear (as long as the boomkin can be trusted to stay alive for the duration of the fight) because they can drop some hit rating, all this at 0 cost for your personal DPS.

Then if you get some better gear you could consider speccing back into subtlety, but I very much doubt this will be needed Smile

Anyway, very nice application and good luck, this guild needs more Dutch players imo!
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:59 pm

From the PoV of my hunter, id absolutely love to be able to drop 3% hit from gear for more useful stats. Im sure the same is true for Rogues, Retlols, Warriors and such. Its not that we arent all hit capped, its more that id would be a dps increase to be able to all up our attackpower/crit and still not miss the boss :>
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Accepted for trial.
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Aeliandeii
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey cool cheers

Thnx for the opportunity Very Happy

Who do I whisper?

Aeli
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 am

me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balance druid Aeliandeii application   Balance druid Aeliandeii application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balance druid Aeliandeii application
Page 1 of 1