Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prot Warrior - WOTLK app

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Conchist

Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Empty
PostSubject: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:29 am

General information:

Characters name: Conchistador
Class: Warrior
Race: Human
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: 77 days 12 hours
Profesions and level of professions: Engineering 371/ Blacksmithing 375 (considering dumping Engineering for Mining)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes - 100-120 ms

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this? (I.E. booked a week off work, cleared your evening commitments for 2 weeks, out of work)
- Don't actually know to be honest. Depends on a number of things. I am, however, a bit competitive. So if i see anyone go ahead of me by one level i probably wont rest until i am one level ahead. And i do play quite a lot anyway. No job as i'm still in college and time isn't really an issue.

What other characters will you level to 80?
- i also have a Hunter, a Priest and a Warlock i'll want to get to 80.

Raid times and Experience:

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/ Can raid til saturday morning
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?
- Only pre-TBC raids i recall taking part in were the "Invasion of Darrowshire" and the Nathanos Blightcaller thing. Both outdoor raid encounters (according to the questgivers) in Eastern Plaguelands. Pretty sure they don't count but sadly it's all i got to do. Took up WoW quite late. BC was already out. Everyone was in Outlands and no one wanted to do the old raids. Eventually got around to seeing most of them and getting all my attunements but was already lvl 70 at the time.

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?
- Highest TBC boss killed was Solarian (before patch 3.0.2) and Shade of Akama (after 3.0.2 wich made it loads easier and doesn't really count for me as progression, just wanted a chance to snoop around the Black Temple before i got to 80)
- Highest boss attempted was Kael'Thas (before 3.0.2) and Teron Gorefiend (after 3.0.2)

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
- The Lightning Strikes - Left because i hated the fact that i missed out on pre-TBC raids and wanted to see more content before the Lich King comes out. Only did Karazhan back then.
- Wortex - GM had some RL trouble and left the guild to his second in command. Two days later the new GM disbanded the guild.
- Reunion - I didnt feel they had a proper strategy for approaching WOTLK. And the fact that the leadership was severely disorganised raiding wise.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
- Ever since i started playing WoW i wanted a warrior with a shield. Didn't know much about specs and what each does. But i leveled with a shield (and protection talents) because i found it better to kill my target (even if it took ages) but make sure i stay alive rather than deal a lot of damage but taking a lot back aswell. Becausse of that levelling was slow. But it's all i ever did since i started playing and got to love it. So it's probably the only role i can provide in a raid. Provide protection as best as possible for dps/healers.
- As for the strengths my class has over others i'd say that it is (in my opinion) the most balanced tanking class. Apparently the easiest too but i learned that it isn't the hard way. I don't get the stamina and armor value of a druid, but i get hit less aswell. And the defensive abilities are quite a few.
- I like protection best because i get hit less/take less dmg and have a lot more HP. It's weird but i feel safer than i do on any other toon i play.

In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?
- I'll definitely swap some talents around (not sure wich ones exactly as i want to test each of them out first and see how i feel about them) but i do intend to stay protection.
- If anything they'll build up to make me a better tank. Only thing that kind of bothers me is the animation change from Devastate. Got used to the old rusty one that also had the annoying sound attached to it.

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (if you can't then say why you can't)
- Shield Block - reduced number of blocks and can only be used once a minute. Used it quite a lot.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
- I can offer a toon that's always happy to chip in if needed for anything.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
- Help me see new content and have a laugh while doing it aswell. And probably help me get more raiding experience.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
- My name is Mitrenga George, am 21 years old and i live in Romania. Only hobbies i have are computers and football. Already had a look at the schedule and it's doesnt really interfere with my football days Smile. Huge Warcraft 3 fan. Would have liked a chance to see the old 40 man Naxxramas and the Illidan encounter just because of that. On the other hand i live alone and have no one around to nag me unless i get unannounced visitors or something. Rarely happens.

Additional information which you would like to name?
- Not really bothered about gear. If i can get the minimum gear required to raid a certain location that's good enough for me. I just want to be part of a team that downs every single raid boss.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 am

You said you aren't sure what talents you would pick, have you looked at them? I would say for prot they are very straight forward. I would only consider you if you can give more thorough thoughts on talents you would think would be good for you and which are a waste of time.

It isn't hard to do, it just takes some class knowledge and a look at the talents available. Play around with talent calculators too. This isn't a trick question and there is no ultimate right or wrong answer it's an exercise to see if you can think for yourself and use initiative on your spec.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Conchist

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:11 pm

This is my current talent build:

And this will be my talent build on lvl 80:
Back to top Go down
Conchist

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:24 pm

For some reason i can't actually see the links i posted earlier so i'll just spell it out i guess.

Arms tree i'll just keep deflection and Heroic strike.
Prot tree everything except 1 point in Bloodrage and 2 talents in Improved disciplines.
That's at lvl 80.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:22 pm

I don't understand your answer and from it it seems like you have missed some obvious choices and instead gone for some useless things. Please post the link to your proposed build without the http://
Back to top Go down
Conchist

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Yeah should prolly look like something like this i guess:

Really did miss a few obvious ones. Well that's a thing i learned i guess. And thank you for taking the time to reply. I do apologise for wasting your time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Conchist

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:49 pm

worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?tal=050000000000000000000000000000300000000000000000000000000053351225203010521030013321
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 am

Hey there, right now I'm going to have to say no. This is purely a numbers thing atm and I'm just not quite sure where you would fit. I'm very likely to revist this application though at some point in the near future. I will /w you in game if a decision changes but for now it is a no.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prot Warrior - WOTLK app   Prot Warrior - WOTLK app Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prot Warrior - WOTLK app
Page 1 of 1