Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Delvard - Protection Warrior

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delvard

Delvard - Protection Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Hey Guys n Gals I know that your are not recruiting such a talent specced class, but thought it was still worth having a go at applying to you.

General information:

Characters name: Delvard
Class: Warrior
Race: Human
Level: 70
Started playing WoW: 2006? (was when Scholo came out for the first time as a 10 man instance ... lol) around 2 - 3 years.
Played Time on your char: 119 Days
Proffesions Primary and Secundary: dont really apply as i am changing mine to Herb/Ench/Alch (2 of the 3) so that my raiding is slightly more feasable.
How stable is your internet connection: 8 mb Broadband. Stable enough Smile
Whats you regular FPS rate in a 25 man raid: 50 - 60

Raid times and Experience:

We raid from Monday till Friday with different times. How many of these day can you attend. Please clarify them with the day and the time. Delete applicable.
Monday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Tuesday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Wednesday19:15-24:00:No
Thursday 19:30-23:30: Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx: Yes
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:30:No

Afraid i have got a part time job where i work sunday/wednesday/sat nights.

Whats your pre-TBC raiding experience?

Pre-tbc is as follows;

ZG - Cleared
AQ20 - Cleared
AQ 40 - Never Attempted
MC - Cleared
BWL - Cleared
Onyxia - Cleared
Naxxaramas - 4 Horseman.

The Burning Crusade experience:

My TBC raiding exp is as follows;

Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul - Cleared
Magtheridon - Cleared
Zul'Aman - Cleared
SSC - Cleared
TK - Cleared
MH - 4/5 (with attempts on Archimonde)
BT - 7/9
SWP - 0/6

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

Originally i was on Aggramar where i raided with a guild called Last Crusaders. That is where i got most of my gear from that im wearing now. I left due to the officers and the way they handled gear upgrading. Infact alot left due to this. I went to what was the top guild on the server but unfortunatly my dkp never got high enough in the time i was there to gain any gear besides my shield. This is where i got my Experience from though. I was there a month, where the guild disbanded due to the fact people felt it was becoming too social. I believe its an alt guild now.

I applied to another guild but unfortunatly they didnt see it viable to have another tank in the guild. I started X-realm searching and found FTW. I applied and got in, and therefore transfered over. I raided with them for 3 weeks but the house im in now had sold and i had to move thus having to go afk for 4 weeks. When i came back, i found my position as tank in FTW had been filled as they were unable to raid without someone there and it would be unfair to remove them. I totally understood this and left on good terms with everyone. Ive not been in a guild for about a week now.

Why did you choose too become the class you are currently playing with?

Interesting Question. If i remember rightly it was because my guild that i was in was absolutely tankless (back when everyone was still actually leveling) and therefore myself and another, rolled warriors in order to fill these slots. I became MT throughtout ZG/MC/AQ But a t3 tank applied and replaced my slot as they do.. lol so became off tank Smile

I have a 70 holy paladin as an alt, My warrior has been my main for since that swap, and always will be. I love tanking and always will do.

I have to admit i dont quite understand the 'advantages within your class question' i wonder if its been worded wrong? Happy to Answer this question if your able to explain it a little more for me (wow i sound so dumb) Anyhow! My spec is Protection and my talents are 9/6/46. My Role since tbc has been Off-Tank which im happy to be.
My spec relates to my Position as off-tank because i have improved TC Which unless a dps warrior is already specced with before i join a guild, is one thing i should have. A main tank does not have the time to cast TC in his rotation, well he does, but its just not viable. It is more effective if the Off tank applies it.
I have Imp HS Because i use it quite often in my rotation and the less it costs the more i can use it and other spells in my rotation. I also have 1 point in unbridled wrath which actually is probably more of a MT thing, but i do like having it for that chance of extra rage.
Recently i have been starting to use DPS gear for extra strength rather than having as much DR/HP as possible. In BT/MH i have still been having enough DR + HP to Survive obviously (494 and 18.6k roughly) but the extra strength means i got more AP which means more dmg + threat, I am also more vulnerable to damage which means im gaining more Rage to Cause more threat but you still need to keep the balance and not make the healers job too difficult.
The Gear mixing i would only apply to BT/MH. I would however go back to avoidance for SWP.

Stats unbuffed:
Health: 15.2k
Mana: 0.0
Attack power (Melee/ranged): 1000 roughly
Spell damage/Healing power: 0.0
(Spell)Crit: 0.0

Any other stats which are needed in your class. This is also to test your knowledge about your class so make a good choice. (Posting all stats won’t do the trick or referring to armory).

As i said above i need Defence rating. which must be over 490 to knock crits off the table.
102.4% Avoidance would be nice.. lmao but of course incredibly hard to get.

Other things to think about as a warrior tank is Damage Mitigation (armour/defence/dodge) Damage buffering ( HP ) and Threat.. which is ur AP/Hit/Crit. I guess i could go into more detail but its all the same. Everyone knows it.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

My goal in wow is to work as hard as possible for a raiding guild and gain the rewards for it. I can give to you my utter most attention on a raid. My skill as a tank and my knowledge (which shouldnt really be needed i guess :p) However, i can also bring a social/fun guy in need of a nice welcoming home Smile

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

After talking to a few Eternal members and looking at your progress i feel you can offer me firstly a wonderful home which is the most important, i do like a kind guild Smile and i believe with my effort i give, you/we can get me the gear required to assit you in SWP.

Some Real life info.

My RL names Matt and im 17 (18 in roughly a month). Im a student living in the UK. Im currently studying software Development which is highly interesting. I live at home still, but not for long. I spend most of my time on my computer or out with the lads getting pissed :p I currently have no Relationship commitments anymore too so u can expect to have no 'come to beds, or its wow or me' phrases being shouted down the microphone.. which i have witnessed many a time ^.-

Additional information which you would like too name?

Yes there is, i have recently applied to Cake aswell as here. I found Eternals after Cake but felt i should put an application forward to Eternals also.

Thanks Very much for reading this and I look forward to a reply Smile

All the best,

Matt/Delvard xXx
Back to top Go down
Underpowered
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 am

Armory

I'm surprised you dont have a single badge item as there are some great upgrades to get there, it would serve in your best interest to get some of those since your overall stats are a bit low, also to show that you are willing to improve gear outside of raids

Anyways I have no say in this matter so i wish you good luck with your application

Edit: Just noticed youre hybrid spec on armory, so disregard the stats comment Razz
Back to top Go down
Delvard

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 3:21 am

lol yes, sorry, as im guildess right now im grinding a bit of honor.. sorry Razz so yep stats will be slightly lower. i will try and remember to log out in my tank gear though Smile did state my tank spec in the app though if u want to know what i use, cheers Smile

Del! xx
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 6:17 am

Matt, are you gay? (im not trying to flirt before any of you start)
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 6:32 am

This was a great Ap and a pleasure to read, personally I dont think another tank is a viable option (we've just added some casual raiders to the guild, and i know one of them has a well geared prot warrior who'd be able to raid should we have the need.) We'll discuss your ap and get back to you soon.

(A tip by the way, pretend to be gay, flirt with Rigsby = profit Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Delvard

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 6:56 am

Gay?? I could be :p Depends what i get out of it ... hehehe....

thanks for the consideration look forward to your next post Smile

lots of love.. (Expecially u rigs.. Razz)

Del! xx
Back to top Go down
delvard

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:11 pm

aww posts are disappearing Sad(
Back to top Go down
delvard

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Cheers for the consideration guys. Good luck Smile

Del.. xXx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delvard - Protection Warrior   Delvard - Protection Warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delvard - Protection Warrior
Page 1 of 1