Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Koub application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
koub
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:47 pm

General information:

Characters name: koub
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: 33days 0hours 48minutes 56seconds
Profesions and level of professions: Engineering 375 Enchanting 375
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes, 170ms

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this? (I.E. booked a week off work, cleared your evening commitments for 2 weeks, out of work)
- One of my main goals after LK gets into my hands is level up as fast as possible, i wanna be 80 very quickly, although friends that were in beta test told me the amounts of XP needed are creeply high and base mobs are also stronger and hard to spank. Even so, i got my questing methods and i try always level up in group getting the quest xp instead of the mob XP (wich gets decreased by doing quest in group). I play 6-14hours every day, i'll keep that average in LK, so my goal is to get 80 in one month play.

What other characters will you level to 80?
I'll level my main, a 70 hunter and a feral druid that is level 58atm. Though, priority is the paladin.

Raid times and Experience:

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes ----- I sleep during morning, play during afternoon and evening. Insomniac should've been my middle name.
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - No - I make my way to the place where i study (i'm in university), so at 19:30 i wonīt be online, but at 22:00 i'll surelly be.

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?
Molten Core 7/10 ; UBRS 8/8 ; Nefarian (BWLair) ; Onyxia ; AQ-20 9/9 ; AQ-40 4/6 ; ZG 6/6 + 2/4 (optional/summoned) ; ; Naxx 9/21
World Boss's: Emeriss, Lethon, Taerar, Ysondre; powned.

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?
Kara cleared ; ZA 5/6 ; Gruuls 2/2 ; Hyjal 2/5
World Boss: Doom Lord Kazzak & Doomwalker: failled both.

General questions
Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
First Guild: BraveSouls, a 100% portuguese guild with a good raid progression but with a bad policy of only allowing ptguese players witch makes it impossible to 25man places. Real life friends, i left to seek out my own progression.
2nd Guild: Ventura, a pretty good 70's guild, have more than 100 70's but well... full of kids, full of beggers, raid leaders are un-experienced, groups sort is bad, organization is even worst, i left friendly and still got many ingame players from there with regular whispers.
After Ventura I joined the actual one: The Silver Raven, it's the best i found for now, mature players, 21++ in age, the only "bad" thing is that guild is not sorting 25man atm and even the 10man places they donīt run very often.

1 - What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
2 - In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?

Running a paladin character and taking in mind the LK coming soon i can say what i read, think and listen from other players talking about randomly, in a daily basis. Holy palas (my specc) are the best single target healers and the most critters. We suffer some mp5 problems, but running places after patch makes me think those problems no longer exist due the new "grace of the naaru". Prot Pala's in my opinion are the best trash tanks, leaving the high level boss's to warriors, some ppl say warriors now are pretty better in all cases than pala's... but i wonder if that's not a warrior defending his own character. I play both sides: pala's to trash, warrior's to boss's. (in general cases)
Ret palas AKA retardins , useless till the patch came out, now the patch is here and as far as we all see, loads of paladins are farming gear to ret specc, that only shows that at least in questing stages they will be very good. Canīt say the same about raiding stages, but they will turn into good melee support, i think.
In my particullar case, holy pala, and i intend to keep it holy even during my 80level progression stage i think the LK fixed some holypala's issues such as the mp5 and the lack of a sort of "aoe healing". "Grace of the Naaru" and "Beacon of Light" are pretty handy putting this healer specc much more usefull and efficient in all places, i hope Smile

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (if you can't then say why you can't)
My opinion is that expansion only brought improvements and positivities to Paladin class resgarding it choosen spec.
Prot, holy or ret were all improved, so i donīt find any negativism in the changes made, probably with time and after level progression starts i'll change my mind, till then i keep my positivism about the expansion.
One thing i canīt forget to say is that such as before and now, holy palas and prot palas are very hard to progress in quests, damage made is so low and weak that make a 20slain mobs quest will keep very hard and boring but... it's easy to imagine that maybe it's better that way cause our usefull stands in keep others alive, not in slain mobs.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
I can add my maturity, sincerity and will of play.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
I donīt play for sooo long... my 1st character was made 8months ago, i took him to level70 in 2months with all the hard times of not understanding what game was about, at this moment i donīt play wow, i devoure every second i am logged in the game. Eternals always been a reference to Ghostlands server, i made my way into this server because of some ptguese players that played it since the 1st day of this server and they made me know many of the things i now know.
What I really expect from Eternals is what no other guild could gave me ever, raid experience, know all the unknown places, work hard to be the best, with the bests. I'm 100% pve player, i like the interactivity and social teachings this game allows us to experience, therefore like a growing child I wanna try everything, taste new experiences, go everywhere and play hard and good.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
My name is Miguel Araujo, i'm 26, live in Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal.
I study in university of Coimbra, taking the masters of Comunication and Multimedia Design, my professional goal is end my studies and apply to Blizzard jobs opportunities in France to become GM or Webdesigner/developer.
I'm completely independent, the only thing or person that can "nag me to stop" is me, myself and I.

Additional information which you would like to name?
Hope you all take my application seriously, i really wanna join Eternals and it's not for the gear opportunity, it's for the experience i know this guild can provide to me or any other player.
Even if rejected i wonīt change my mind about "you".
Hugs and beers to all Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:27 am

Im a little confused, Grace of the Naaru was a libran triggered buff from Holy Light, giving 22 mp5 for 30s. This was pre patch, yet you say its a LK buff to fix mp5 issues? Have I missed something?
Back to top Go down
Shiatan
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB
Shiatan

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Can you DI on command from your class leader no matter what raid we are in or boss on(even at 10% on KJ)?
Back to top Go down
koub
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Hello again.

Ronan - " Im a little confused, Grace of the Naaru was a libran triggered buff from Holy Light, giving 22 mp5 for 30s. This was pre patch, yet you say its a LK buff to fix mp5 issues? Have I missed something? "
Ups, you're absolutely right, after check i now figured that the buff i get is because of the Libram of Mending that triggers the buff when Holy Light critts on target o.0

Shiatan - " Can you DI on command from your class leader no matter what raid we are in or boss on(even at 10% on KJ)? "
Of course i would, a raid is a group work, if i have to sacrifice myself for the group success i wonīt jeopardize that success because of a 5g repair. So yes, i would die to save my class leader on any raid or boss.
Back to top Go down
Gwenn
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:34 pm

You only wana save the class leader Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:30 am

DI means Divine Intervention. It saves repairs and the reason he asks is he is evil and wants the raid to wipe. Now, will you DI on command (probs a tank) while fighting a boss thats on 10% and would be our first kill? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:50 am

Just for future reference, Libram of Mending triggers the Grace of the Naaru buff from each and every Holy Light cast, regardless of rank or if it crits or not. :p
Back to top Go down
koub
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 am

So many DI asking... I knew the meaning of DI at 1st time Shiatan writted it...
Yes i would use DI if necessary on any boss, on any place, on any situation. If my DI means raid success i wonīt think 2 times on "giving" it, i'll simply do.
MEanwhile I noticed some failures on my previous statements and now i'm fully appreciated for the given explanations, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:26 am

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Unfortunatly we are going to decline you. We aren't quite sure if its misunderstanding of questions or lack of knowledge but we feel comfortable in our current situation not to take that risk. If you have problems with understanding English then as an English speaking guild we aren't going to be able to accomodate that. If its lack of class knowlede then it isnt a case of not being able but more a case of not wanting to accomodate. I wish you luck finding a guild and if you reach level 80 and like your chances with applying again then feel free.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Koub application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koub application   Koub application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koub application
Page 1 of 1