Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another mage app /sigh

Go down 
+5
Ronan
Subeam
Gwenn
Gnock
Rigsby
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maggy

Another mage app /sigh Empty
PostSubject: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:57 am

Characters name: Maggy
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: Too long
Profesions and level of professions: Ench 375 and just recently learned Tailoring (370)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):
24/mbit BB does the job, yeah its stable and average 100ms or less in raids.

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this? (I.E. booked a week off work, cleared your evening commitments for 2 weeks, out of work)
As soon as it comes out I'll get to 80 in no time. Before it comes out I'll probs do a load of quests I havnt already done in outlands for and hand them in on release date for a quick EXP boost. I have more than enough time to play anyways so I wont have to clear a schedule.

What other characters will you level to 80?
Porbably my wwarrior after the mage, then shammy, then who knows.

Raid times and Experience:

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-05:00 Yep
Saturday is rest day xxxxx
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?
Nope.

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?
Archie as killed and bloodboil on attempted.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Left Fraternite for many reasons, slackers being one of them.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
My role I think is to dps as much as I possibly can whilst following raid/boss tactics, give the raid awesome buffs and food are my strengths that might win me over on a raid spot.

In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?
Well I'll natrually be going frost for the levelling though arcane looks interesting so I'll probs be giving that a whirl. Can't really give you a definite raid spec yet asof I am now a noob and am getting redy to pay the 1000's of gold on respeccs trying to find what suits me best. My new raid buffs are just imba and think that this will affect me nicely when it comes to getting a raid spot.

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (if you can't then say why you can't)
Nowt, though the arcane hit cap nerf kinda sucks, not really much to kick a fuss up about though considering everything else we've got.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
An active/good player hope you can say a nice geezer.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Show me the end game WOTLK content.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Name's Dan, 20 years old, live in Middlesbrough England. Love wow, sport getting hammered with my mates and family kinda encourage me to play wow lol - keeps me out of trouble Razz.

Additional information which you would like to name?
I'm taking a break from WOW and RL atm so if I do get accepted, which I very much doubt, then the invite will have to wait untill 1st of november, possibly later but definatly before the release date.

Thanks if you even read this,
Danny.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:20 am

The biggest thing atm holding you back from getting a place would be your lack of information you have put in your application. Saying that you are a n00b and don't know what to spec untill you've spent 1000's of gold isn't going in your favour. People that we want in Eternals are people who have fully researched what they can about their class so they can be the best (granted many people don't want to do this, which is fine for other guilds, but not here.)

Your app is scarce of any interesting information that would place you out of the crowd in a positive light. If your app remains the same then you are unlikely to get an invite. Use this reply as fuel to quit or fuel to prove your worth.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Ok mate. Well about the question where I said "I am now a noob and am ready to pay 1000's on respeccs", yeah I could of said that in a much more confident way, I actually had to write my application twice because I entered an incorrect confirmation code, so I appologise if I went over that or a few other questions quite quickly without giving you confidence in my knowledge etc..

I have a very good idea of what I'm going to do but I do reckon I'll be respeccing alot too, bceause now that I've had a good look at the new mage talents I think that depending on the raid setups, will also change what spec the raid might require me to do.
For example, lets say you've got 4 mages in the raid, I reckon if they were all frost based mages that could potentially be a big waste when you look at none of them have improved scorch (scorch now causing a debuff that gives +10% spell crit chance on the target to all casters providing it has been cast 5 times.)
And let's say they were all fire, and none were specced frost, the raid casters again will be losing on the new winters chill effect which also gives 10% spell crit to the casting part of the raid when fully stacked.

So basically it woulden't be best if all mages were the same build as each other thus lots of respeccs in our future, maybe I'm wrong though, if you feel asthough I am please do tell me.

All of this being said, I believe all mages are gonna have to sit down, talk and decide about what spec each individual is going to go for, and I'm strong about this because I believe each member of the raid should contribute 100% to increase everyone elses performance aswell as thier own.

I've looked at my application and decided the following questions may not have been answered to your expectations.

Your question:
What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
My answer:
My role I think is to dps as much as I possibly can whilst following raid/boss tactics, give the raid awesome buffs and food are my strengths that might win me over on a raid spot.
My new answer:
The same as above only provide a mature attitude in raids whilst trying to give 100% in my playing performance. I also feel what my class/spec has other others is that I'm now giving the casting side of the raid some awesome new crit buffs which is definatly a huge strength.

Your question:
In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?
My answer:
Well I'll naturally be going frost for the levelling though arcane looks interesting so I'll probs be giving that a whirl. Can't really give you a definite raid spec yet asof I am now a noob and am getting redy to pay the 1000's of gold on respeccs trying to find what suits me best. My new raid buffs are just imba and think that this will affect me nicely when it comes to getting a raid spot.
My new answer:
Depending on what your mages will be going for will determine what changes I'll be making, if I see a lack of frost mages, I may have to go frost to give that balance, if I see a lack of fire - I'll be going fire. Currently I don't see arcane as a viable raid spec jsut yet because I'm away from home and wow atm, and haven't had the chance to play with arcane and to see what the rotations are like when it comes to dps. I reckon everyone will be sticking 11 in arcane for the new Focus magic talent, but the rest will certainly be going in either frost or fire. I believe the talents changes will affect me most in wotlk towards that I'm now a great "caster support" class and could certainly give me that edge over other classes.

Your question:
What do you think you can add to Eternals?
My answer:[/b
An active/good player hope you can say a nice geezer.
[b]My new answer:

Again, the same as above but to go more into that, I can add a very competant and hope I can say an intelligant player that can adept to difficult situations very easily. I can recognise problems and identify new tactics that may or may have been not noticed before which will lead to the direction of raid progress. This I believe I can add to Eternals.

If there was another question you think wasn't answered properly please do tell me and I'll get on it. Another thing, I wasn't really confident about applying to Eternals for certain reasons, so this may of caused me to not of give you the application you were expecting, so I'm sorry for this.

Danny.
Back to top Go down
Gnock
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Gwenn
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks for correcting that Gwenn. Yeah my bad, I kinda had to write the app twice so I may of been abit hastie there. In game name is actually maggythemage. Sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
Subeam
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Subeam

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 am

Good luck with your application. Smile

@Rigs: imo you can only to a certain extend figure out how new spells and talents will work by reading up on it, and playing the testrealm etc. There's quite a few things still looking rather unbalanced, and my guess is there'll be patches yet before we hit 80, i'm fully expecting to respecc a fair few times before finding my 'ultimate' WotLK raidspec, and hell, knowing me i'll even then occasionally respecc just for the fun of it Razz
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 pm

So you think we should accept everyone who just says they will spend 1000s of gold on respecs and not even be able to give an educated opinion of what will be good for them at 80? I already know Rigsbys and Tightbriefs lvl 80 spec, when I'm 80 it might change. But for now I can give reasoning behind all my choices and why I would take them, regardless of future nerfs or buffs that I can't predict.

The patch has been out for 6 days now, I would have thought the first thing people would do when the patch was out would be to look at talents and read what they do. That would be the bare minimum I expect from everyone. The only exception would be if they have been on holiday since then. But I don't think people would apply here while on holiday.
Back to top Go down
Gwenn
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:35 pm

I`m so glad that it is for Tank Druids so much eassier on finding the right build Very Happy , but then again i`m a Nub when it come to reading and understanding english (i`m glad Rigsby understanded that and ones again M8 , thanks for understanding and helping me with it)
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Cheers Subeam Smile

Riggs I'm technically on holiday now mate lol, hence why I said I was taking a break from WOW and RL in my application. I'm just trying to sort things out for when I get back home, which will be playing this game and wanting to be in Eternals for when I get back.

Again about my spec though, I will be going frost once WOTLK release date is out for the levelling up process, then at 80 I would prefer to be fire (11/60/0) but again it's going to depend on what your other mages are doing, say if they were all fire I think it would be for me to go frost so the other casters in the raid can benefit from the new winters chill effect.

11/60/0 - the 11 in arcane will be for the new Focus Magic talent with magic resistances and reduced hit cap for arcane, the 60 in fire will be for my fire rotation with added talents for crit chance on my aoe spells and 0 in frost because sadly Elemental Precision is now in Tier 2 and don't think it is worth going 8 points into frost just for the extra 3% chance to hit (will obviously look into this if my hit rating is rather low when I am raiding).
Anyways that is my spec Riggs I am more than likely going to chose, but I do reckon there will be a few respeccs in my future Razz
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Quote :
Gwenn wrote:
I`m so glad that it is for Tank Druids so much eassier on finding the right build , but then again i`m a Nub when it come to reading and understanding english (i`m glad Rigsby understanded that and ones again M8 , thanks for understanding and helping me with it)

Yeah its a hard life for a mage tbh Razz, we have 3 what seems to be viable raid dps talents trees (now considering arcane to be viable, though still havent seen the arcane rotations properly yet) to look into. Figuring it out isn't really hard its just I don't know 100% what will be best for me at level 80.
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:09 pm

I dont know how it is for Mages, but speaking from a Hunter pov, no one person has been able to provide a raid spec yet that has been videly accepted as 'the best', coupe this with the fact there is no definitive 'best rotation' now, and no one has a clue how to pay hunters at 80 to their full potential yet. So this *could* be the same for mages, assuming theyve had as big a revamp as hunters Smile

BTW Maggy, mages have one crucial roe in raids that I dont think youve mentioned, and thats decursing. Have you any previous experience of fights that require decursing, and if yer or no, would you use any addons to hep your decursing?
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 pm

I should of mentioned that yeah, but was hoping that would fall under the category of when I said "whilst following raid/boss tactics"

I was usually top on decursing in fraternite on hyjal banshee trash, and when I done Archie with FTW I think I was 3rd on the list or something, we killed him so I must of done my job. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Oh and yeah, for addons I used Decursive.
Back to top Go down
hendie
Oh this is a forum
Oh this is a forum

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Did some dungeons leveling with maggy, and was in prophecy with him before i was kicked. Pritty decent mage, dedicated, and wasnt afraid to use mic for wow related things, and not life stories like maddy!!!
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Cheers hendie. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Did you mention why you left FTW?
Back to top Go down
Gwenn
I iZ nO nOoB
I iZ nO nOoB

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:38 pm

I still hope to catch him ingame for a chat to solve that issue with him Very Happy , in a mature way
Back to top Go down
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 pm

I got a job working offshore on the oil riggs with my dad, so therefor wasn't able to raid or play wow even. I was on trial in FTW so I decided to leave instead of being gkicked for inactivity, or rather only being able to play wow on a 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off rotation. Also kinda think I didn't fit in so well with them.
I don't work offshore anymore so that won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Bump.
Invite me to eternals or I kill your dog. affraid
Back to top Go down
Garthas
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Just wondering if you know what the hit cap is for fire mages? Smile
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 pm

202 if you don't stick 8 in frost for Elemental Precision. If you do, hit cap is then 164. Note: I am currently capped for frost with an elemental shaman in my party (which was my raiding spec)

Is ghost hit still here btw? Or have they fixed it?
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 am

Whisper myself or an officer for trialist spot.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Whats a forum?
Whats a forum?
Maggy

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Cool, like I said in my app though - invite will have to wait untill I get back.
Should be 1st - 3rd of november ish.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:39 pm

Shoulda put your pic up first, you would have been accepted sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another mage app /sigh   Another mage app /sigh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another mage app /sigh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next