Eternals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternals

A forum for Eternal members.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellezar

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 am

Characters name: Ellezar
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Level at time of application: 70
Played Time on your character: I'm slacking on work right now so I'll say around 40 days.
Professions and level of professions: Alc/Tail 375/375
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes/24Mbs

How soon after release are you aiming to be level 80 and how are you going to achieve this?
Rally depends upon leveling speed progression on Wotlk. But I expect around a week.
I work so from 16:30 until 00:00 playtime. And just by doing quests. A LOT of quests.
I love quests, I like doing them, i like rewards. I love quests because...woops.

What other characters will you level to 80?
Resto Druid.

Raid times and Experience:
Not so much.
Full Kara, and full gruul.

We currently raid 6 days a week, days and times could possibly change in WotLK, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Like forever?)
Saturday is rest day Yes (what do I care?)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - No (Gotta prepare for work)

Do you have pre-TBC raiding experience, if so what?
No, sorry.

What is the highest TBC raid boss you have killed and attempted to kill?
We killed gruul in second attempt.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
FIBUA (disbanded) BalkanCouncil (disbanded).
And I think BeerForm but you got me on that one. But I think they kicked me
because i was offline for 4 months.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
DPS. I have a very specific spell rotation that I use, and with it, I can be competitive to most of
other DPS classes even those who outgear me. I tested this a lots of times. And with new
talents this DPS is even more higher.

In WotLK; what changes will you make to your spec and how do you feel the talent changes in WotLK will affect you most?
Minor changes for now until I get more information on new talents and spells.
I tend to be very careful when playing with talents and when i change something it might take a week
to figure out does it effects my gameplay, for better or worse. And based on this I change it again and again until I feel that is right. My previous talent build was a 1year experience playing at 70. So I'm not sure about this new one. I already have thing that i like and don't like. So expect a lot of minor changes in next weeks.
As you can see I'm not a guy who will just change talents according to rumors on forums that "THAT is ULTIMATE pve build" or something. Talents are useless if you don't know how the extract maximum from them.

Name 1 thing you feel has been changed negatively regarding your class in the expansion? (if you can't then say why you can't)
Stupid mage glyphs are idiotic and the man who design them should be shot.
What do I care if I poly penguin or a stupid bear. That change is purely cosmetic and does not worth a glyph slot. Another example is [Glyph of Arcane Intellect] 50% off mana cost.
What the hell do I care about mana cost of IB or AI. It's not that I cast them in combat or something? That are precombat buffs, and you drink after you buffed, DUH!.
I like slowfall though, that is useful.
Don't let me even start on Major ones. I can't even found enough to fill in all the slots. sigh.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
Fun. Company, bad jokes.
Oh, and the player who is dedicated to this game and who does not whine
or shittalk when he doesn't get the raid spots or some loot. Who is always online
and to whom you can always count on.
Considering situations where I would be scheduled for the raid but for some reason
couldn't attend; I always have access to a computer and internet. (Srsly I should be working right now). And you would know about it at least 4 hours before start.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Help see the world. I did very little end game raiding (hence my crappy eq)
because I was leveling when I bought the game. Then TBC came out, And I was still leveling to 60. So I missed original raiding questlines. When I hit 70 And start collecting gear, all good guilds where pretty much established and weren't accepted crappy geared players like me.
I don't want to miss another chance to see end game. You can help me do that.

Personal information; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Name: I would rather keep my name for my self on public forums.
Int/hob: I like computers, and playing games, also I like to paint and draw.
Job: Senior C/C++ Video Surveillance / Network Programmer (yeah baby!)
Family: WAT! I live alone no nagging whatsoever Smile. (Ah blessed silence)

Additional information which you would like to name?
The class constructor invokes the constructors for the two ancestor classes of CPushPin, CSourceStream and CSourceSeeking, and then the GDI+ is initialized. GDI+ will create the numbered video frames streamed over the pin. The class destructor shuts down GDI+, and CPushPin::NonDelegatingQueryInterface determines whether a QueryInterface call issued to the PushSource filter object is handled by CSourceStream or CSourceSeeking. Because only seek commands are handled by CSourceSeeking, only those commands are passed to that implementation. And is to big.

-Yeah, that's what she said. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Ellezar

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:31 pm

What, am I on ignore here?
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:57 pm

As stated in the above post marked for read before applying. A reply can take up to a week. Not getting a reply is more likely a good thing.

Last edited by Rigsby on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Ronan
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Ronan

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:18 pm

If theres no reply it usually means we dont know what to say yet ^^
Back to top Go down
Subeam
Look mummy, I can type
Look mummy, I can type
Subeam

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 am

Hi Ellezar, i had a quick look on Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Ellezar) and i have to say i´m curious about some of the choices you made where gems and talents are concerned. Is your current spec as it´s showing on Armory the spec you use for raiding? And why did you choose to gem for stamina and spellpenetration, instead of dps increasing gems (spellpower/spellhaste for red/yellow socket is great, spellpower/stamina would make more sense for blue slots than 12 stamina)

As you said, mages are pure dps, yet some of the talent choices and your gems don't reflect that at all.
Nevertheless, good luck with applying. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellezar

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 am

The issue with gems are purely economical. They where the best to buy when I got the spellfire gear (the AH was lacking any better or I didn't have enough money for better ones. I was offline since June so this are little old). Although it doesn't show yet, some of the gems are different now, and are in +spellpower +crit category.

As for talents (I wonder how did you seen it, since wow armory doesn't reflect 3.0.2 patch).
Current build is 61 in fire but it's not designed for raiding but for questing. For Raiding I would go for this:

But that could also change, as I said, It could be a while to find the best build.
Back to top Go down
Ellezar

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

Weird, the link doesn't show?
Well.... I would start with this and then modify it.
Code:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/mage/talents2.html?tal=23000503000000000000000000000023550300103033310531203213510000000000000000000000000000
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Admin

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:17 am

Hey there, unfortunatly we are going to have to decline your application. You made a very strong application but the biggest let down was you using useless gems because they were cheaper. You would have been better off with empty sockets and telling us you hadn't gotten around to it ^^

I will say that if you level to 80 quickly and you have properly itemised gear and raiding spec then would love for you to bump your application for us to have another look.

Rigsby
Back to top Go down
https://eternalsoldforum.forumotion.com
Ellezar

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am

Quote :

You made a very strong application but the biggest let down was you using useless gems because they were cheaper. You would have been better off with empty sockets and telling us you hadn't gotten around to it ^^
You missed the point where AH was lacking better ones. And that Armory doesn't represent current eq.
But having wrong gems doesn't make me bad mage does it Wink
But I understand your point.
Also if I said that, that would be a lie, wouldn't it? cyclops

Quote :
I will say that if you level to 80 quickly and you have properly itemised gear and raiding spec then would love for you to bump your application for us to have another look.
Ok. Will do.
Oh, and maybe we'll pug together somewhere in wotlk so you can see my playstyle Smile
cya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage   Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mage
Page 1 of 1